Window Well Extensions
- Window well extensions made from rust-resistant galvanized steel
- Suitable for all metal window wells
- Small Window Wells: Foundation Vent Wells, 24” Projection Rectangular, Semi-Circle, and Elongated Wells
- Large Window Wells: Large Egress Compliant, and Other Large Non-Egress Sizes
- Shapes available: elongated, half-circle, U-shaped
- 30-Year Warranty On Most Wells
The window well extensions will add to your metal well’s height to accommodate changes in the grading around your home.
The metal window well extensions are a shorter version of our standard wells. They are usually about 12″ tall. They are installed outside of an existing window well, enabling the grade to be raised at the foundation wall. One of our lovely window well scenes, can be used inside the well to hide the joint and make your living space more attractive.
Why And When Are Window Well Extensions Needed?
- In short – so that water will flow away from the building. Window well extensions are necessary to help correct grading around established homes to compensate for the ground settling.
- They are necessary when the window well is not at least two inches above the landscape grade.
Do Window Well Extensions Work?
Yes! Installing window well extensions can be the difference between a wet and a dry basement!
If the lip of your window well is less than 2” above grade, a heavy rain can cause water to cascade into your window well, as it is the lowest spot in your yard.
Sizes And Specifications
Extensions can fit the majority of basement well sizes on the market. Check out our metal well options HERE.
Finding a well extension that fits your needs is more of an art than a science. If your size is not available, we will do our best to find a the closest size possible.
Feel free to contact our sales team at 1-888-650-9355 or fill out our online free quote form for a personal consultation.
Get a Free Quote!
Step 1: Subscribe to Receive Your Measurement Guide
I am a…
or call us anytime at
We Ship Anywhere in the US and Canada
Get printable instructions on how to measure your window and foundation for a window well.
- Except for the fiberglass/composite wells, any of the wells we offer are suitable for extensions.
- We will do our best to match the dimensions and pictures you provide. Likely it will be a close fit, but we cannot guarantee a perfect fit. It would be your responsibility to determine the well dimensions and shape to ensure that it would work for your application.
Browse though all metal basement wells, HERE.
Note: Stone finish fiberglass wells are NOT suitable for extensions. For other options, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at 1-888-650-9355.
No. A window well extension will not make a window well egress compliant. However, if the original well is egress-compliant, then the extension will be too.
If ordering a well for bedroom egress, check with your local building inspector to verify your code requirements before ordering or installing any window well.
- Well depth must be 8″-12″ below the lower sill of the basement window
- Well depth (above ground) must include minimum 2″-3″ above grade (soil level)
- Well width must provide at least 2″ on either side of the basement window.
Measure the width of your window well from side to side, and the projection from the foundation wall (not the window). The minimum height of a window well extension is 12”. Having an overlap is ideal, but check to be sure that 12” will be enough when you consider if you are raising the grade around the well.
Just like our window well covers our window wells are built to last and add value to your home.
Anywhere in the United States & Canada!
Order your window well now & we will ship it directly to your home or work site!
Having doubts about which window well size is best for you? Call now & get a free consultation with a Window Well Expert!
Get a Free Quote!
In order to get a free quote, enter your email below to get your measuring guide: